Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Bit of Childhood 20" h x 24" w 2011






















"Sisters are a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." M. Garretty

This is probably the last of the three sisters quilts I will make.  This one is for my sister Vicky, the cutie in the middle.  I stepped outside my comfort zone to do this traditional layout, and it certainly challenged me.
But when I found the quote, I thought it was perfect to hand embroider above their heads.  Soon as I make a label I can ship it back east to Vicky for her birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Sara!! The picture reminds me of my sisters and yesteryear. Thanks for bringing back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe traditional piecing but sure Sara Kelly colors. Great piece and I'm sure your sister will just love it.

    ReplyDelete