Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Therapy



When my husband drove up here to Tacoma a couple of weeks ago, he brought my sewing machine.  He said it was calling my name pitifully.  I'm using a ping pong table for cutting and lay out.  It's down in a basement with no natural light but plenty of space.  My ironing board is on a Beer Pong table (no idea) and fortunately, my SewEasy table came with my machine.  So here's my warm up sewing.  I know, I know--no focal point.

We have a long, long road to get my son to wellness.  He'll be going on a new FDA approved drug for melanoma which is a temporary fix but we hope will make him feel better.  I grab my sewing moments when our granddaughter naps.   Comments and suggestions for how to make the above into something good would be greatly appreciated:-)





6 comments:

  1. Just keep sewing. It's therapy, and as such, it IS something good! We keep praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Suzanne, just keep sewing. Something will come of it. Knowing you, you'll find it in a year, cut it into smaller pieces and put it back together to make something spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't change a thing......keep at it.......it's working.
    LuAnn in Oregon
    luannkessi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless quilting. I know it has pulled me through some really rough times. So healing.

    It doesn't matter where you go with this, Sarah. Just go. Be active with your hands and prayerful with your mind. Know you are doing the right thing.

    My prayers are with you as well.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. These beautiful colors spell HOPE! Just keep at it. I think your focal point is already there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, it's not good?? Well then, saw off my legs and call me Shorty!

    Sara, I've heard that "focal point" is a new concept in art that came about with the rise of graphic arts. In the olden days of art (anything older than 50 years?), there wasn't supposed to be a "focal point". Our eyes were supposed to enter and then travel around.

    Thanks for sharing the hope.

    ReplyDelete