Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mt. Rainier (in situ) 16"x64"


Yes, that's a trash can on the far right to give this display a sense of scale.  My son and his wife loved the quilt enough to hang it in their bedroom, which is in the attic.  Hence the sloping ceiling.  Anyone taller than 4 feet must stoop over for close inspection.  (That's one way to hide some wayward stitches.)

"Better living through chemistry" has helped my son regain enough of his health to resume care of his darling- now 1 year old- daughter, other household obligations, and even enjoy skiing the slopes of the Cascades.  Wrenching as it was to leave them, my husband and I felt it was time to go home to California.  He is eager to work on the many many images he photographed during our sojourn up north, and I have raw emotions to push under the needle.

4 comments:

  1. I am anxious to see what your heart translates to your sewing machine! I feel more art from seeing your works on a computer screen than I have walking through museums. Create! Share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. Glad your son is feeling well enough to take care of things at home. Are you having granddaughter withdrawals yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you,Sara, that your son is progressing so well, health-wise.
    LOVE your quilt....Mountains and the ocean play with the chords of my soul and keep my soul optimistic.

    ReplyDelete