Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fabric Challenge - Beginnings



This project falls into the "just had to do it" category.  Recently Karen Musgrave, with whom I'm acquainted through Postmark'd Art, issued a challenge to use a piece of her fabric to create a quilt in the style of Rayna Gillman's new book Create Your Own Free Form Quilts.   Posting progress along the way is part of the deal--and a new challenge for me.

On top is the fabric Karen sent.  Hmmmm...not ugly.  Below you can see I've buried it in some auditioning.  Lately I've been working in uncharacteristic brights.  I think my muse is telling me something....or Spring has sprung in my studio.  Anyway I'm clearly optimistic.  Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. Love that fabric. It's going to be fun to see how you work thru your progress updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I would love it! I really think we are kindred spirits! Can't wait to see what happens next. Hope you're you're having fun! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete