Friday, March 16, 2012

Fabric Challenge...Forward



Here's the first curvy piecing with and without some more fabric auditions.  I've been on fast forward with this challenge for 2 days, and this is all I have to show for it.  At this point I'm liking it and not wanting to do any more slicing and dicing.  Time to let it cool its jets on the wall for awhile.  

There are other things to get to this weekend such as the Voices in Cloth Quilt Show in Richmond, CA.
where I hope to spend a few shekels on cool stuff and be wildly inspired.  Also not to be ignored any longer is my crate full of supplies for Jane Dunnewold's class at Art Quilt Tahoe, which I didn't get to attend last November.  Best to deal with it today because if my Irish luck holds, I'll find some treasures I won't have to buy tomorrow! 

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door.  Slainte!

4 comments:

  1. Looking great Sara. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beginnings...I like what you are doing with this challenge fabric! Mine is sitting up on the design wall...ideas are percolating....Monday is a studio day to forge ahead with this project. Your fast move out of the gate has stirred the fire under my creative self...thanks

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where you are taking this! WOW! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this, I realized that I have a lot of the same fabrics...and I love the direction you are going with the curvies. Now I want to copy you instead of creating my own! Love it!

    ReplyDelete