Monday, April 30, 2012

Abalone Sunset 16" x 24" 2012


One day last fall when all I had to worry about was my next art quilt, I was sorting through some of my own hand dyed fabrics trying to figure out how to put them away.  In what color category does one put multicolored pieces?  Or pieces upon which one has added painted fusible web?  Anyway I held up the pink and blue piece and, voila, there was a sunset.  Then I found a piece of black dupioni silk upon which  I had ironed Lumiere painted fusible web.  That became the beach.  Then my son got sick and so it was deserted till I returned home in January.  Actually I found comfort in having my sunset awaiting my attention and some beading to finish it.  The bird is completely stitched with iridescent black seed beads and the beach has a mix of paua (New Zealand abalone) and assorted other beads that looked right.  Now I'm back in Tacoma with my darling Bridget leading me around by the hand and waiting to learn the next treatment for my son.  My heart is thumping.

2 comments:

  1. Aching for you and with you, and praying. Always praying.

    ReplyDelete