Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bra Tree

I have seen "yarn bombing" a.k.a "guerrilla knitting or crochet," mostly in urban settings such as Prague, Wellington N.Z., Seattle, and San Jose.  Usually it is brightly colored knitting or crochet covering a tree trunk, bench, pole, or fence as a kind of fiber art graffiti.  Since I am a yarn-aholic, it always makes me smile.  But today, on very rural Highway 198 between Coalinga and San Lucas, CA., I found a new version.  It is an oak tree fully festooned with brassieres of various cup sizes and shades of pastel.  I'm smiling again.

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous Sara! Was there any obvious menaing or group or signage or do you think this is a new Breast Cancer Awareness thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this. Do I see you doing a quilt about this now? :)

    ReplyDelete