Friday, April 20, 2012

Kaikoura 33"x72" 2012


Though not quilted--at least I didn't shoot it full of pins--I've finished my freeform piecing for Karen Musgrave's challenge using her fabric.  As I added the border it began to remind me of the gorgeous beaches of New Zealand which my husband and I visited in January 2011.   Kaikoura was one of them.
The quilting must wait as I'm going back to Tacoma to be little Bridget's Grandma for a few weeks.  She's up and walking so I'm packing my runners.

4 comments:

  1. Wow oh Wow oh Wow. You rock!Have fun with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I am always amazed at your artist's talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. Have fun keeping up with Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and yours, Sara.
    Beautiful piece - looks like lava and tropical oceans...

    ReplyDelete