Saturday, June 1, 2013

Untitled 26"w x 33"w 2013


Usually I don't have any trouble titling my art quilts, but this one eludes me.  It was created in response to a challenge quote from Danny Kaye (who blessed my childhood with many many giggles).
"Life is a like a blank canvas.  Throw all the paint at it you can."  Oh yeah!  Throwing paint at fabric is one of my all time favorite parts of being a quilt artist.  Sure didn't take long for me to assemble a group of painted fabrics from the heaps hanging around my studio. Now what does it want to be called?
Last time I opened up to suggestions I got great ideas.  Anybody?

3 comments:

  1. No name suggestions, sorry. I have a hard enough time naming my own. I love the gentle curved machine quilting on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of a painted sky/landscape/valley. "Painted Valley"? It's lovely, Sara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful I like the Danny Kaye quote.

    ReplyDelete