Monday, November 25, 2013

Felted Bag 9" x 10"


this dragonfly
has dyed his body
 autumn     
 Bakusu

Continuing my love affair with all things fiber, I created this little bag to interpret the haiku above.  The front is a wet felted composition of unspun wool.  The dragonfly's body is a multi-colored ribbon knitted into an i-cord, as is the bag's strap.  The wings are made of Angelina and hand-stitched onto the wool.  For the back of the bag I used hand-dyed velveteen onto which I machine couched a variety of yarns.  My photographer (aka my DH) would comment that my pictures are fuzzy.  But in my defense, he's in South America at the moment, and I sure can't make a very sharp image of very fuzzy wool.  


3 comments:

  1. It turned out just beautiful! I can't wait to see you at BOTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks too nice to actually use . . .

    ReplyDelete