Monday, March 17, 2014

Extemporaneous 60"x60"


Before Christmas last year, Craftsy offered 50% off on classes by one of my favorite quilters, Joe Cunningham.  It's worth the full price just to watch him and chuckle at his quirky, relaxed approach to composing a quilt.  He demonstrates four of his improvisational piecing techniques, and all of them are right up my alley.  This is my version of his "Fantasy Four Patch."  Although he makes his with only two fabrics, I wanted more.  I even had fun with my own improv quilting.  Dig this one, Joe!



7 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll love it. Did you post a picture of it on his Craftsy class board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun class, great job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I like the varity of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful. Did you hand paint the black on the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara your quilt is very beautiful! I hope you will do a blog post documenting your design process for this piece...the twists you decided to put on the "Crazy Sisters" idea, why and how. That would be very interesting to the noob designer in us all!

    ReplyDelete