Friday, August 1, 2014

Anne's Purse 8" x 9"


My sister Anne requested a felted purse after she saw the autumn dragonfly purse I posted last November.  But her favorite colors were pinks, oranges, and aquamarine blues.  Excited when I found the perfect yarn, I crocheted and felted it only to learn that the angora doesn't mat down.  Hence the soft fuzziness.

I was looking forward to delivering the purse to Anne in person at a family reunion next week.  But she died suddenly on July 20.  That her daughter Elizabeth wanted to have it is truly comforting.
Oh, Annie.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Sara. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I had plans to meet my half-sister at a family reunion last July, and she passed about two weeks prior. I was devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss Sara. Beautiful purse to be given to her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I'm sorry about the loss of your siser, Anne. Her daughter will know the purse is special. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne would have absolutely loved it Sara! And your love for her endures in the love you have given Elizabeth. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete