Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mermaid Tears Purse for Kristin

So our house is for sale, which means living minimally.  It's been emptied of all personal decor, and clutter necessary for daily life can be quickly stashed away if someone wants to view the house.
My creative life has been reduced to a couple of baskets of yarn and some crochet hooks.

When my sister Anne died in July, it was so comforting to me that her oldest daughter Elizabeth loved the purse I had crocheted for her mother.  But then I wanted something to give to her younger daughter Kristin.  After I learned her favorite colors were blues and greens, I began searching the Net for contemporary crochet inspiration.  The title alone, Mermaid Tears, made this pattern a perfect choice.
http://www.yarnspirations.com/   It was so much fun watching it emerge in my hands, I'm sure I want to make another.  This purse is on its way to Kristin.  USPS--I'm tracking!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And I'm glad that you're not allowing minimalist living to squelch your creative streak. Very glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaid Tears! That is so beautiful. I would totally go to town with that purse if I owned it. Kristin is a lucky woman! She will rock that purse!

    ReplyDelete