Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What Will Remain--Proceed With Caution 18"w x 24"h


This work is inspired by a sobering thought....with or without us, the planet will remain.  

Here's another....this quilt is the final one prompted by my art group Loose Threads.  As soon as we sell our house here in the California Central Valley, my husband and I will move to the central coast of California.  My studio languishes in boxes, and for weeks I've been dismantling our home to get it ready.  Today we are officially listed on the market.

Regretfully, I leave behind a very special group of friends and fellow artists who have been my muses, fan club, teachers, and sisters-in-stitch.  What the future holds for me as an artist is uncertain for now.
So many life-altering upheavals over the last two years have left me feeling a lot like this composition. That said, I look forward to long coastal walks with the ocean as my soundtrack.  How can that not be wondrous?

8 comments:

  1. You will certainly be missed here in the valley, Sara, but I don't know too many people who would pass up a chance to move to the coast.

    Your quilt is awesome. The variegated thread adds so much interest...and the sparks of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and peace on your next journey. I'm sure it will be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual your work reflects your emotions and talents. Wonderful. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace and joy to you, Sara. And still the stones. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You carry your art with you. This is just the beginning of a new journey. It is sad, but also exciting . . . what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiscalini Park, a favorite of mine. Good luck to you and enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, you have been such an inspiration to me. Wishing you good health and a wealth of inspiration for your art as you make your roots in your new environment. Cindy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one Sara. It could be displayed in the Geology Department of......? Very lithic.

    ReplyDelete