Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Morning rainbows

For the time being I will be going in a new direction with this blog.  The all consuming task of nesting in a new home in a new piece of geography leaves little to no time for my fiber arts.  And, oh yeah, proximity to the Pacific Ocean is a huge distraction. Grin.

I'm inspired by many other fiber arts bloggers who use their photography to fill space between projects.  Also I want to emulate my sister Marybeth who has such a gift for telling stories with her camera.  My vague plan is to compose shots that are not exactly representational but rather somewhat abstracted intimations of my new environment.  A new creative challenge for me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm rarely without my camera, because you never know when inspiration will strike. Sometimes it's a rainbow on the wall. Glad you are still blogging, as you dig out from the move. It's always good to see what inspires others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are good. Inspirational and good keepers of details that an artist might need later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll take whatever you post. Just good to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color play. Keep it up but I am also looking forward to more art quilts.

    ReplyDelete