Friday, October 2, 2015

WIPs

Historically I will not post my quilt work unless it is completed.  But at my current rate of sewing, that would be never.  In a scrappy mood these days, I've been wrestling my leftover bits and pieces into submission as bed quilts to give as gifts.  These three tops await quilting, which I confess is not my favorite part of the process.  But what good are they without it?

The feathers on the left are from Anna Maria Horner's pattern.  The triangles on the right are because I found a 60* triangle ruler for a dollar.  And the middle top is just cuz.  Now I need to set a goal date by which to have them all done.  As a friend of mine always says, "Goals are good."

In the meantime I'm in training to be a rovering docent at Montaña de Oro State Park.  That means I'll be walking the bluff trail several times a week talking to other hikers who might want to know more about our gorgeous stretch of coast.  If only I could set up my sewing machine out there I'd have these three quilts done lickety-split.

Some very uplifting news.....my 12 inch "Art Quilt" sold for $250 in the SAQA Benefit Auction!  Wow!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your SAQA quilt. Love your tops - just focus on them one at a time and remember they don't all have to be masterpieces. Just plain old stippling all over to get them done is all your need sometimes.

    Have fun at your new 'job'. Sounds like it's right up your alley (trail).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you're busy, busy! Congrats on the great showing at the SAQA auction. I was watching yours. It was my first pick, had still been there the next day. Ahh, yes. The goals. They are good, aren't they?! :) Just enjoy what you're doing. Maybe this isn't the season in which you should be quilting. The days will be cold and gloomy soon enough, won't they? Enjoy the outdoors while the weather permits. :)

    ReplyDelete