Thursday, September 29, 2016

Book of Minimals 13"x13"







Minimal design.  That bee wouldn't leave my bonnet until I tried some more.  First I limited my choices to a beige fabric and a few scraps of handpainted blacks.  Improv piecing and composing was fun, especially the curves. But I think I abandoned restraint with the quilting lines.  That might be the next challenge--how to fill negative space minimally while still creating interest.  

So what to do with a pile of small art quilts? A perennial problem for someone who likes to make them.  These six I sewed together on the left edges to create a "book."  Sure makes them easier to show to groups of people. 

On that note, I am totally tickled that my little 12 inch donation to the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction
sold for $350.00 to a lovely person in Geneva, Switzerland.  Here's one last look at it, although I do have a larger version I kept for myself.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm such a fan! Love the work you are doing, Sara. And congrats on the sale at the auction. Nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sale of your quilt. How fun to know you have a quilt in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome Sara! Congrats. Love the mini quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, you are amazing. I love the designs and you unique creativity.

    ReplyDelete