Thursday, September 8, 2016

New Tea Bowls



Last month I took a class from Judy Coates Perez titled "Tea and Ephemera."  She taught us a variety of techniques for creating a two dimensional collage on background fabric.  We incorporated used tea bags, stamping, thermofax printing, stenciling, images printed on lightweight abaca paper and cocktail napkins.  Lots and lots of layering to create complex backgrounds upon which I added the tea bowl outlines.  

My fiber artist group is preparing for a coffee/tea-themed exhibit at the Bello Mundo Cafe in downtown San Luis Obispo in January 2017.  In addition to some older Tea Bowl pieces I created about 6 years ago, I'll be including these three.

4 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful. Will you be able to sell the pieces on the exhibit? I bet they will go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I'm going to have to take a class from Judy, because everyone who has done so seems to come up with something uniquely special. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. Great colors, textures and movement. I took her 10 techniques class. Wish I could have taken this one as well, but did buy the book, so when I have some time.....

    ReplyDelete