Thursday, December 8, 2016

Senufu 38"x41"



This quilt is my response to a paint chip challenge for the Morro Bay Guild.  The idea was to use only the colors from a paint chip card, plus one color of my choice.  If you guess I added the orange, you are right.  I call it "Senufu" for the African masks I quilted into the center of each shield shape.

As for my navel-gazing comments in the previous post, they're still bouncing around in my head.
However, my conscience won't let me abandon my promises and most of my UFOs.  Sometimes plugging away is the only way face forward.

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful quilt. I love the masks you quilted in the middle of each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is even more striking in person. The quilting is amazing, but I have to confess I was so busy that day I didn't notice the masks. I'm glad I'm seeing the detail here.

    ReplyDelete