Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Deconstructed Log Cabins 60"x60"



After resisting BOMs lo these many years of quilting, in 2016 I participated in a guild Block of the Month Challenge.  We received instructions for eleven different log cabin blocks.  Here is what I learned:  it was kind of fun to make just one block a month, but by number eleven I was not loving them all together.  

Not one to abandon a challenge, I whacked 9 of them in half, added some other smaller units, and three shades of blue.  I assembled them into 12 Quilt-As-You-Go blocks backed by an assortment of stash fabrics.  Both sides are whacky, but I'm done in time for the reveal at tomorrow's meeting.  

Now to finish a BOM Challenge for my other guild.  Stay tuned for more whacking.

2 comments:

  1. Always inventing a way to be more creative. You should have take a picture of the blocks before you whacked them.

    ReplyDelete